a year on : a trip down memory lane

I left my job one year ago today. I wanted to take a little trip down memory lane and look back on everything I have done in that space of a year. To be completely honest, I haven't been feeling very good the last few weeks at all, so I think it will be good to allow myself to reflect on my achievements and feel proud - because when I look at it all here together in this post I even can't believe it. I never could have imagined that taking this big scary jump would work out so well for me. I am so proud of myself for everything I have done, and I'm so excited to see what happens in the next year. Bring it on!!!

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
Last day in MUJI / August 16th 2018

One of the pieces shown at 'Living Proof' / August 18th 2018


Collaborated with my boyfriend Conor for Taproot Art's 'Pairs' / September 28th 2018


I made the first 'foldy guy' / October 8th 2018


Decided to be brave with 'Back Into Your Mind' / November 11th 2018

 What!!??! / December 3rd 2018

How am I getting so lucky? / January 23rd 2019







Arts, Letters & Numbers residency. Met some of the best people and had some of the best times of my life, also a crucial step in the journey towards making 'Back Into Your Mind' for the upcoming exhibition. I still can't believe I actually did this. / January - March 2019

Discovering I had a studio to move into when I returned from the US / March 1st 2019


All moved in! Also crucial to preparing for the exhibition / March 26th 2019

Applied to this on a whim, unsure of how I would pay for it if I got accepted / May 3rd 2019


 


The launch and run of this exhibition was a bucket list moment for me. The main programme of the PhotoIreland Festival! / May 4th-30th 2019


Great but how am I going to pay for this!? / May 17th 2019

This was a shocker. I was featured on the main page of Fotoroom for 3 days as a result / June 7th 2019


I burst into tears on the phone with the woman who told me I had won the scholarship. Also the start of another collaboration with Conor, and the beginning of the journey towards making my first ever photobook! / June 17th 2019

Sequencing! / June 24th 2019

Riso tests! / July 22nd 2019

Volunteering at the MOCPOI / July 4-28th 2019

New research / August 7th 2019

An absolute wildcard, but so excited about this one! / August 9th 2019

----

So that's it. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next 12 months, now that I know what can happen in such a short amount of time. 

Until next time!




























Comments