the bad and the good

Hello! 

I don't have any photos for you today, but rather some updates I felt you all needed to be made aware of. As you all know, I was nominated and shortlisted in the Blog Awards Ireland, but unfortunately the other day I found out that I will not be progressing any further in the competition.

To get as far as I did as a relatively unknown blog with only one writer making posts about stupid personal things and not really making that many views was really incredible and I'm just so grateful for all the support and all the people who told me they really believed I could win!

Of course I'm upset and disappointed but I really don't have all that much time to be. Just last night I was contacted by one of the organisers of Cork Fashion week requesting my photographic services at the event, among some other things. So I'll be Cork-bound the weekend after next to shoot BTS at the Designer of the Year show and also to snap some lovely Irish street style too. I have no idea what to wear.

I'm also back in college which is great but also stressful. I already have so much to do and I'd forgotten what a killer that commute was! I have a lot on my plate right now, and I really need to sort myself out and try to organise myself so that I can do everything I need to do - both personal projects and college projects - without having a complete breakdown and/or running out of steam. 

It is so weird not including any photographs in a post. I'm actually going to throw something in, can't cope, it's too weird.


Our latest college brief has me thinking about dreams and memory again, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it. Especially since it could be reminiscent of my old way of working. Who knows. The ideas are fresh and still evolving though so I have no idea what will happen.

Until next time!




Comments