roots pt.ii: dublin horse show


Yesterday, for the first time in years, I paid a visit to the Failte Ireland Dublin Horse Show in the RDS. I robbed a telephoto (+fish eye!!!!) lens off my boyfriend Conor, and shot a few photos for old time's sake. 


This time however, I was shooting on my trusty lil 35mm SLR and it was really, really difficult. Not only was I totally out of practice (I haven't sat on a horse in nearly 2 years let alone make a photograph of one), but the light kept changing and I was working with a manual focus lens - obviously. Major kudos to photojournalists and sport photographers of days gone by, keeping fast moving animals flying over fences in focus was pretty close to impossible. 


It was wonderful though and nostalgic and really nice to go back to where this all started, especially considering all that has happened lately. What with my nomination in a national competition, assisting the fab Alex Hutchinson (more on that to follow!), and potential work with an agency in Cork, things are finally starting to get a move on and I'm really excited. 


It's the year of the horse but as myself and Conor often joke it's actually the year of the Clur (me, that's me!!!) so yeah watch this space? Lots more coming soon. 


Until next time!

Comments